Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hi I'm Rachel and I'm a Slacker

so not much exciting here doing homework and trying to make my computer faster. friday was relay for life and yesterday me james and another couple went to the local humane society and played with the puppies and walked dogs. there was one puppy in particular that both me and james wish we could have taken with us, to bad we cant have dogs on campus. blue is the cutest puppy and he is only 18 weeks old and is gunna be a huge boy. as you can tell from the picture in comparison to james, it was sad for both of us when we had to leave. at relay for life i got this luminare in memory of my grandmother angela who had lung cancer that spread all over her body and my aunt linda who died at the age of 11 from what i think was bone cancer that spread. my dad once told me that if his sister had gotten cancer today that she not only would not of had her legs amputated but she also would have beat the cancer. it is reasuring to know how much cancer treatments have improved in 50 years.  when i posted this picture on facebook my mom told me that her mother also had Lymphatic cancer 5 years before she died. writing this post is making me tear up a little because with my grandma jean i was young and she was mostly bed bound with multiple health problems and my grandma angela we didnt get to see much since she lived fartehr away but i wish i had spent more time with them and had kept more things to remind me of them. and my aunt linda died when my father was only 6 so i never got the chance to meet her. i think i'm going to donate to relay for life every year now in their memories. Random Fact  I support relay for life for my grandmothers and aunt and buddy walk for my little sister

No comments:

Post a Comment