Sunday, March 20, 2011

My dad says i'll make the perfect house wife one day

I made this blanket for james for christmas 2010 which was our first of hopefully many to come. I was very proud of this blanket. I originaly wanted it to be gold and redskins fleece but the store was out of the redskins fleece so its just red and gold. the blanket it held together by the ties all the way around. it was 6x8.5 before all the cuts and ties but i dont know how big it is now.

I knit a little and have two scarves but right now i dont have pictures of them so those will have to come later.

I know how to sew by hand and with a sewing machine. My poor sewing machine right now is packed up in her box in the attic while I'm at school. I enjoy making things and I sew up A LOT of holes in James' clothes.

I'm told I'm a good cook and my family like when i cook when I'm home. They also ask me to make a lot of homemade bread which everyone who has tried loves. I think the hardest part of being away at college is not being able to cook real food.

I clean when I'm bored and I dont like a dirty kitchen. I clean a lot when i'm home alone too so I'm being productive and I'm really not much of a fan of sitting around doing nothing. The only thing i dont really like cleaning is my room. The rest of the house may be clean but not my room. I'm even okay with doing laundry and at school I do James' laundry too.

Being number being number 2 out of the 6 younger kids has given me a lot of experience with children. Even though I am not having children anytime soon at least i know how to take care of them. Though i did make my mom promise that when i have my first baby that she would come stay with me and help me or else i would be calling her every 30 minutes asking her questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment